Post Date: 07/15/2011
Job ID: 2417
Contract to Permanent
, a nationwide Telecom and IT Staffing firm, has openings in Piscataway, NJ for Level I NOC Technicians.
Verigent has been in business since 2003, and has been honored by Inc. Magazine as One of the Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in America. We are a premier provider of Telecom and IT Staffing Services across the nation.
Verigent is headquartered near Charlotte, NC and has field offices located in the New York Metro area. We currently support client projects across the country in over 30 different states. We offer our employees an unmatched level of service and experience in the staffing industry.
These are 3-month contract-to-hire opportunities. If selected, you will work as a Verigent employee on contract to our client. Our client has the right to offer you permanent employment upon completion of the contract assignment.
Network Operations Technician (Tier 1)
Our client is looking for enthusiastic, motivated and pro-active individuals to grow our Network Operations Team. As a part of this team a NOC Tier 1 Technician serves as a direct point of contact for most customer and service provider interaction. This interaction includes receiving and resolving Tier 1 customer requests via Phone,
e-mail and internal ticket system, escalating alerts to appropriate personnel, performing site perimeter checks, shipping/receiving duties, network cabling, rebooting servers and network devices and escorting vendors/customer visitors in data center space. Acting as a liaison between customers/providers and our NOC Engineer Team and working and resolving network problems and testing with customers. Training will be made available.
• Escalate and communicate customer issues and network related alerts to NOC Tier 2-4 staff, Management, and Administration as defined by client policies and escalation procedures.
• Troubleshoot various issues such as internal client questions/requests raised (Password request, ticket investigation, researching vendor position), customer issues or questions, or issues the client is requesting a provider to take action on.
• Respond to customer requests and provide consistent communication as defined by client policy.
• Interact with Network Suppliers, Vendors and Customers on a daily basis; opening tickets and performing follow up with external organizations on customer and client related issues
Day (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.), Swing (4:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.), Graveyard (12:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
• Solid Background using Microsoft Office Suite
• Sound Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to learn and retain information in a fast pace environment
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task efficiently
• Ability to work independently and/or as a part of a team
• Data Center Experience a plus
• Help Desk or Technical Support Experience a plus
• Experience with Structured Cabling and Network Wiring
• Experience with Unix, Linux, Red Hat, SQL, PHP, Free BSD, VB Scripting
• Working Knowledge of Network and Server Equipment (ie, Cisco, Foundry, HP, etc.)
• Understanding of DNS
All positions require applicants who are willing to undergo a background check and drug screen. Interested candidates please forward a recent resume along with your current job status and salary requirements.
As a W2 employee Verigent offers the following benefits:
• 6 Paid Holidays after probationary period
• Accrued PTO
• Quarterly 401K access with company match based upon length of employment
• Verigent offers a mini-medical plan which is supplemental in nature. You can sign up for this plan the 1st of the month following your 1st day of employment. Verigent contributes 1/2 of the SINGLE monthly premium after 90 days on-assignment.
• Weekly payroll and direct deposit