Post Date: 01/10/2014
Job ID: 5139
, a nationwide Telecom and IT Staffing firm, has an opening in Washington, DC for an experienced Level IV DC Power Installer.
This is a direct hire opportunity with our client.
• DC Power Equipment Installers are responsible for the installation of equipment such as batteries, rectifiers, PBD's, BDFB's and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks
• Analyze, plan, layout and assign installation activity to other installation personnel
• Act as subject matter expert on provisioning, activating and testing 24 and 48 volt DC electronic equipment
• Involve the installation of cable, wiring, and telecommunications equipment in Central Office and other Telecom facilities
• Responsible for all on-site aspects of DC Power equipment installation, including safety, paperwork, leading crew members, customer interaction and overall accountability for each project assigned
• High school diploma or GED, technical degree preferred
• Seven years related work experience as a lead installer
• Ability to work on ladders up to 15ft., demonstrated manual dexterity, and lift and carry loads up to 40 lbs
• Work well within a team demonstrating leadership abilities
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good customer service skills
• Adaptable to changing environments
• Reliable transportation and tools
• Willing to travel extensively (75-100%)
• Good computer soft skills required.
• Extensive knowledge of Telcordia and customer specific installation standards
• Extensive knowledge and/or certification from OEM's such as GE Power, Emerson and Enersys
Verigent is headquartered near Charlotte, NC and has field offices located in the New York, NY, Washington, DC, Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, Tampa, FL, & Birmingham, AL. Verigent also has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Charlotte for two consecutive years.
We currently support client projects across the country in over 45 different states. We offer our employees an unmatched level of service and experience in the staffing industry.
All positions require applicants who are willing to undergo a background check and drug screen. Interested candidates please forward a recent resume along with your current job status and salary requirements.
As a W2 employee Verigent offers the following benefits:
• 6 Paid Holidays after probationary period
• Accrued PTO
• Quarterly 401K access with company match based upon length of employment
• Verigent offers a mini-medical plan which is supplemental in nature. You can sign up for this plan the 1st of the month following your 1st day of employment. Verigent contributes 1/2 of the SINGLE monthly premium after 90 days on-assignment.
• Weekly payroll and direct deposit